(Foundation One Service, Next-Generation Sequencing)
FoundationOne® provides a comprehensive molecular tumour profile for solid tumors which can support doctors in their decisions regarding the treatment of cancer patients by detecting genetic changes associated with cancer.
• Validated NGS-based analysis of the four main classes of genomic alterations.1
• Complete Sequencing of the exons of 315 genes and additional introns from 28 selected genes. (FoundationOne® Gene List)
• Measurement of the TMB und MSI-Status is included in the analysis.2
Comprehensive approach gives relieable results
• FoundationOne® recognizes all genetic alterations – base substitutions, insertions/deletions, copy number variations and gene rekombinations (fusions).
• FoundationOne® is a comprehensive tumor profiling, which is based on a largevalidation study. The study was published in a leading scientific journal.1
Saves tissue and time
• FoundationOne® needs only a small amount of tissue, including routine biopsies and fine needle aspirates.
• The test works optimal with a tumor content of 30%, the minimum is 20%.
Applicable results summarized in a report
• All determined clinical relevant genetic alterations will be analyzed on basis of the current scientific knowledge and clinical data with personalized therapies and clinical trial data.
• more than 20 bioinformaticians and biomedical scientists curate the FoundationOne® report according to the latest available information.
FoundationOne Report® - Example
1 Frampton GM et al. Development and validation of a clinical cancer genomic profiling test based on massively parallel DNA sequencing. Nat Biotechnol 2013;31(11):1023–1031.
2 Chalmers ZR et al. Analysis of 100,000 human cancer genomes reveals the landscape of tumor mutational burden. Genome Med 2017;9(1):34.
Order Form FoundationOne® Service
Order Form | Formulaire de commande | Modulo di richiesta | Einsendeformular
Further Information to the Order
Molecular Tumor Profiling and FoundationOne® Services
Dr. rer. nat. Martin Zoche
Phone +41 43 253 03 34
Mobile +41 79 788 91 57
As licensee of the Foundation Medicine® Services outside of the US, Roche has sublicensed the provision of these services in Switzerland to the UniversitätsSpital Zürich.
Hoffmann La Roche AG, Basel, Switzerland
Foundation Medicine, Cambridge, USA
University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland