(Foundation One®CDx Service, Next-Generation Sequencing)
FoundationOne®CDx provides a comprehensive molecular tumour profile for solid tumors which can support doctors in their decisions regarding the treatment of cancer patients by detecting genetic changes associated with cancer.
• Validated NGS-based analysis of the four main classes of genomic alterations.1
• Complete Sequencing of the exons of 324 genes and additional introns from 36 selected genes.
( FoundationOne®CDx Gene Panel)
• Measurement of the Tumor Mutational Burden (TMB) und the Microsatellite Instability (MSI-Status) is included in the analysis.2
Comprehensive approach gives relieable results
• FoundationOne®CDx recognizes all genetic alterations – base substitutions, insertions/deletions, copy number variations and gene rekombinations (fusions).
• FoundationOne®CDx is a comprehensive tumor profiling, which is based on a largevalidation study. The study was published in a leading scientific journal.1
Saves tissue and time
• FoundationOne®CDx needs only a small amount of tissue, including routine biopsies and fine needle aspirates.
• The test works optimal with a tumor content of 30%, the minimum is 20%.
Applicable results summarized in a report
• All determined clinical relevant genetic alterations will be analyzed on basis of the current scientific knowledge and clinical data with personalized therapies and clinical trial data.
• more than 20 bioinformaticians and biomedical scientists curate the FoundationOne®CDx report according to the latest available information.
FoundationOne® CDx Report - Example
1 Frampton GM et al. Development and validation of a clinical cancer genomic profiling test based on massively parallel DNA sequencing. Nat Biotechnol 2013;31(11):1023–1031.
2 Chalmers ZR et al. Analysis of 100,000 human cancer genomes reveals the landscape of tumor mutational burden. Genome Med 2017;9(1):34.
Further Information to the Order
Molecular Tumor Profiling
Dr. rer. nat. Martin Zoche
Phone +41 43 253 03 34
Mobile +41 79 788 91 57
As licensee of the Foundation Medicine® Services outside of the US, Roche has sublicensed the provision of these services in Switzerland to the UniversitätsSpital Zürich.
Hoffmann La Roche AG, Basel, Switzerland
Foundation Medicine® Inc,, Cambridge, USA
University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland